Hello friends of SHP! We are planning a board meeting of the Summer Honors Program Alumni Association (SHPAA) for Saturday, March 5, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Central time.
Please reply to this blog post with items you’d like to see added to the agenda.
The meeting will be online only.
In addition to board members, meetings are open to others in the SHPAA community, including parents, instructors, administrators, teachers, past board members, and those considering taking a leadership role in future.
Details to come.
Summer Honors Program Alumni Association
September 13, 2021
Draft meeting minutes. The meeting was held via Zoom.
Dave Burchell called the meeting to order at 7:03pm.
The meeting was attended by Carol K., Erica H. (secretary), Carmen P., Tim B., Dave B. (presiding), Mike P., Kaleb K. (treasurer), Dana T., Mike L., Nate W., and Brooke C.
- Treasurer’s Report: Kaleb reported that our finances have not changed since the June meeting.
- Secretary’s Report: Tim made a motion and Kaleb seconded. The June meeting minutes were approved as submitted.
- Non-Profit Status: Kaleb restored our non-profit status so that we are in good standing with the state.
- Future Meetings
- Meeting Cadence: Meetings will be held in roughly the following months: June (during SHP), August or September, November, and April or May
- Next Meeting: It was decided that Mike P. would send out a Doodle the first week in October for our next meeting to be in the first half of November.
- Agenda Items: Dave will take ownership of preparing an agenda for meetings going forward.
- Future Events:
- October 23: Tim’s Band is playing at the Minden Opera House
- Old Business:
- 2021 SHP Committee: Tabled until next meeting. (See Item #6 in June minutes.)
- Mission/Purpose: There was discussion on what our current mission/purpose is, and this warrants further discussion. Three main areas where tonight’s discussion focuses included: helping gifted students in the ESU #11 footprint, spreading the SHP model beyond ESU #11, and building networking ties between students and alumni.
- Non-Profit/501c3 Status: Need clarity from Kaleb on the difference between these two items.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:05pm.