The mission of the Summer Honors Program Alumni Association is to perpetuate the memories and benefits of the Summer Honors Program, promote gifted education in south-central Nebraska and beyond, and encourage communication and interaction among SHP alumni, students, faculty, staff, parents and the public.
Who we are
SHPAA is a group of alumni and supporters of the Summer Honors Program, held annually in Holdrege, Nebraska.
We welcome all members, whether they were among the first students in SHP in 1978 or have just freshly completed the program.
Our relationship with SHP
SHPAA is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Among our activities is generating financial support for the Summer Honors Program.
However, the program itself is run by ESU 11. And while we’re the ultimate cheerleaders for SHP, we play no role in the program’s operations.
Our Board of Directors
Members of the SHPAA board serve for two-year terms. The board also includes two student members, selected by their fellow SHP participants who are elected for one-year terms.
Brittney (Potter) Biskup
- SHP 1994-1997, Wilcox High School
- SHP Counselor 2005-2014
- Now working in Alma, Neb.
- SHP 1986-1989, Minden High School
- Now living in Omaha, Neb.
Student Board Member
- SHP 2021-2023, Axtell High School
- SHP 2002-2005, Franklin High School
- Now living in New York, N.Y.
Student Board Member
- SHP 2021-2023, Minden High School
- SHP 2014-2018, Alma High School
- Now living in Lincoln, Neb.
- SHP 1986-1990, Beaver City High School
- Now living in Sioux City, Iowa
- SHP 1986-1988, Holbrook High School
- Now living in West Des Moines, Iowa
- SHP 1985-1989, Holdrege High School
- Now living in Ames, Iowa
Dana (Johnson) Tuss
- SHP 1985-1989, Beaver City High School
- Now living in Minneapolis, Minn.
How to get involved
Join our mailing list
Learn about events and opportunities to help the SHPAA community.
Become a SHPAA member
Your $10 dues will go toward supporting SHPAA’s mission.
Donate to the cause
You can earmark your donation for future SHP funding needs.