Summer Honors Program Alumni Association
September 13, 2021
Draft meeting minutes. The meeting was held via Zoom.
Dave Burchell called the meeting to order at 7:03pm.
- Treasurer’s Report: Kaleb reported that our finances have not changed since the June meeting.
- Secretary’s Report: Tim made a motion and Kaleb seconded. The June meeting minutes were approved as submitted.
- Non-Profit Status: Kaleb restored our non-profit status so that we are in good standing with the state.
- Future Meetings
- Meeting Cadence: Meetings will be held in roughly the following months: June (during SHP), August or September, November, and April or May
- Next Meeting: It was decided that Mike P. would send out a Doodle the first week in October for our next meeting to be in the first half of November.
- Agenda Items: Dave will take ownership of preparing an agenda for meetings going forward.
- Future Events:
- October 23: Tim’s Band is playing at the Minden Opera House
- Old Business:
- 2021 SHP Committee: Tabled until next meeting. (See Item #6 in June minutes.)
- Mission/Purpose: There was discussion on what our current mission/purpose is, and this warrants further discussion. Three main areas where tonight’s discussion focuses included: helping gifted students in the ESU #11 footprint, spreading the SHP model beyond ESU #11, and building networking ties between students and alumni.
- Non-Profit/501c3 Status: Need clarity from Kaleb on the difference between these two items.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:05pm.